The Search for the Obvious, a project of Acumen Fund, is an effort to collect and distribute obvious solutions to pervasive problems.
It includes a series of challenges. The new challenge is Be the Change: Save a Life. Acumen Fund is partnering with ABC News' to bring attention to fact that giving birth is still a life-threatening (yet fixable) event for many women. 350,000 women die during pregnancy or childbirth each year. 90% of those deaths occur in Africa and Asia. Eight in ten of these 350,000 deaths could be averted with simple (and often low-cost) treatments and quality obstetric care.
Help raise awareness about this issue by creating something that conveys the message that moms around the world deserve more! Quality maternal health is not an option, it's a right.
* The most retweetable tweet of all time
* A story or essay that is New Yorker-worthy, bound to become a classic
* An iconic print ad or poster
* Guerrilla marketing or public art that commands immediate twitpic and yfrog-ing action
* A game-changing video à la The Girl Effect which champions maternal healthcare
* THE UNEXPECTED. YOU DECIDE...GO CRAZY!
To submit, simply email your name and all links to images, videos, text, or the unexpected to: moms[@]searchfortheobvious.com. Check out who will be judging the entries here.
Deadline is April 17 at 11:59pm PST.
The last challenge was "Sanitation is Sexy." Check out the winners of that challenge here.