Monday, January 10, 2011
Real Food T-shirt Design Contest
Received this in an email today. Good luck to anyone who enters the contest!
Calling all artists, doodlers, drawers, graphic designers, and digital media experts! This is your chance to get your work on the front of 1000+ T-shirts — to have real food activists across the country bragging about your hot design! Plus a $150 cash prize.
So here’s the question: What image embodies our movement? What does food justice, sustainable agriculture, real health, student activism, youth power LOOK like?
December-January 15: Open call for submissions
January 15th: Last day for Submissions
January 15-18: Winners selected by a panel of (student/youth) judges
January 24: Winners announced
February 11-27: Shirts available at 5 regional Summits
* Designs must be original artwork for the front of a t-shirt, suitable for all genders.
* Designs must be either 1 or 2-color for T-shirt screen printing (white is considered a color).
* All designs must include the words "Real Food Challenge."
Other text--like slogans--is strictly optional. Potential slogans could include: "uniting students for just and sustainable food," "keepin' it real," etc.
* Competition is open to all ages.
* Each artist may submit up to three designs.*
* Deadline for submissions is January 15, 2011
* All entries must be submitted in digital form
* Artists must submit Full Name, Cell Phone, Email and Postal Address.
Note: By submitting an entry, contestants grant RFC the right to use, reproduce, and the market the submitted material as they see fit.
For any (non-technical) questions about the competition or to submit your entries, please email email@example.com
* Unless otherwise specified, T-Shirts will be printed on an off-white/natural colored shirt
* Creative use of the "knockout" background color is encouraged.
* All submissions are encouraged to be in vector format (.ai or .eps); vector submissions should be expanded**
* Submissions in a high-quality photoshop file are acceptable if colors are on separate layers*
* All submissions should be in their final size.
Note: if you’re not able to submit your entry in one of these file formats, please email the address below, well before the deadline, to discuss convertibility.
For all technical questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org